Friday, December 2, 2011

God Cares About Details!

I am so amazed at how God works out the details in our lives!


 The Lord has been speaking to my husband and I about individual areas in our lives, one area at a time, and the order He desires to have in that area.


I am talking from our marriage, to our children, to our extended family, to our finances, to ministry and work.


 Like it says in Jeremiah 29:11
 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."



 Or in 2 Peter 1:3 
"... as His divine power has given to us all things that [pertain] to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue..."


 Last night's church service wrapped up in 1 hour all the things the Lord has been putting my husband and I through! It was an incredible message and I encourage everyone to listen to it!

It hasn't been posted yet, but will be under Genesis 6-11

The Lord showed me that He has a plan for our lives. I know you have probably heard this a million times, but have you ever sat down with a pen and paper and asked yourself:
What is my plan for my:

Relationship with God: 
Prayer?
What habits do I want to get into?
What does prayer look like in my life?

The Word of God?
Do I have a reading plan?
Do I look to the Word of God for all my answers?

Church?
What am I looking for in a church?

Discipleship?
Do I have someone discipling me/mentoring me?
Am I pouring my life into discipling anyone?

Evangelism?
What does evangelism look like in my life?

Relationship with Family:
Spouse?
What kind of husband should I be/do I want?
What kind of wife should I be/do I want?
How will our marriage function?

Children?
How many children do I want?
How will I raise them/discipline them?
Will I homeschool them?
How do I want them to turn out?

Extended Family?
Parents
Siblings
In-Laws
What should my interactions with them look like?
How much time should I invest in these relationships?

**Pray about it and add more questions to ask yourself under each topic. This is just a list off the top of my head*


Relationship with Friends:
Do I have any?/ Who are they?
Best Friends
Very Close Friends
Friendly 
What defines a best friend?
What kind of friends do I want?
Who will I call my friends?
What kind of friend will I be to them?

Relationship with Work
Good Employee/Boss?
What kind of work ethic should I have?
How should I conduct myself at work?

Cause you to do more or less for:
God?
Family?
Ministry?

So how do you fill this list out? 

(1) Know God's general will for your life: The Bible is FULL of all the answers to how to live a godly life. Do a word search on "prayer" or "marriage" or "children" or "training" or even a study on the character of God.

(2) Ask God to reveal His specific will for your life: I don't believe God wants us to be ignorant. I believe He wants to reveal things to us and answer our questions. I also believe His timing is perfect and He will reveal things in His good timing. Ask Him what He wills for you in each area. 


God really does care about details! 
He has been working in my husband and I's lives and speaking to us so much!
I really pray that you are seeking God and asking Him to do the same in Your life.

1 comment: