Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How We Eat

A few people have asked about hwo the girls and I eat, so I wrote down everthing we ate these last couple weeks. I will post some ideas as well as links to recipes.


First a few things to keep in mind:
** I am a vegan due to health issues so when I feed the girls milk or cheese, I do not eat it. You can read more about this on my other blog.**
**I am changing things the more that I learn about nutrition. I am having the girls eat less cheese and drink little (or no) milk.**




Breakfasts: 
Home-made Granola with organic whole milk and organic fruit
Home-made Granola Bars with organic milk and organic fruit
WG Tortilla with peanut butter and "chocolate frosting"
Organic whole milk yogurt and home-made granola
Fruit bowl (strawberries, bananas, blueberries ect.) with home-made granola
PB Toast
Home-made Muffins (Banana, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Chocolate ect)
Home-made Pancakes (Banana, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Chocolate ect)


Lunches:
WG Tortilla, eggs, spinach wrap (could add cream cheese, avocado, hummus, cheese ect)
Raw veggies with hummus (you need to really work at having your kids like raw veggies, but it can be done)
Grilled Organic Cheese sandwich on home-made WG bread with spinach
Almond butter and Jelly sandwich on home-made WG bread 
Bowl of steamed and seasoned broccoli (or other veggie) (my girl's favorite veggie)
Organic WG pasta with toppings (cheese & garlic, zucchini sauce, tomato sauce)


Snacks:
Almonds
Fruit bowl with granola
Fresh made juice (we just throw two fruits and three veggies in the jucier: orange, apple, plum, carrots, kale, radish, spinach, celery ect.)
Home-made granola bars with peanut butter
Fruit or fruit & veggie leather (homemade or store bought)
Raw Pudding Cups
WG Bread with Organic Coconut Oil & Fruit


Dinners:
Veggie Chili
Veggie and Bean soup (usually different every time I make it. This last one had broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, celery, parley, garbonzo beans, black beans and lentil beans with salt)
Fajita Salad (literately peppers and onions fried in olive oil with cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic and thrown on a salad with avocado, black beans, and sour cream if you like)
Tacos (We use fried, seasoned potatoes instead of meat, WG tortillas or sprouted tortillas, spinach, beans,  tomatoes avocado, sour cream, or whatever you want... my girls like organic ketchup)
Veggie Stir-Fry
Home-Made Pizza
Mashed "Potatoes" (cauliflower) and "Meat" Loaf (recipes coming soon)
Nachos (Corn-free rice chips, organic beans, raw cheese, jalpenios, salsa, organic sour cream, olives ect)


Desserts:
Raw Cookies... with veggies! (recipe coming soon)
Raw Brownies
Raw Fruit Pies (recipe coming soon)
Fruit Crisp
Raw Pudding Cups


As I think of other things we eat, I will update this post. 


Hope this helps you guys with some ideas. 
Again, I will be cutting out most of the dairy we eat besides small amounts of organic milk and cheese.


Also, something cool the Lord has taught me through my eating: 


For those of you who don't know, I have endometriosis and am in constant pain and nausea along with MANY other health complications. I have found relief through a vegan diet and supplements. Although this diet is VERY restrictive, the Lord has shown me how much freedom I have in staying within this diet. I can go places and not be crouched over in pain. My head it fog-free and I can concentrate. My emotions aren't raging. I may need to plan ahead and bring my own food places, or pass up on that boston cheese cake, but it really does free me up to do things in my life that I LOVE to do!


Now get this! Christianity often seems restricted from the outside. So many rules to follow. So much that God "expects" of you. However, God's word has guidelines for us to live by so we can be free in Him! When I obey God's word I am free from the bondage of sin, from the consequences of sin, from guilt, shame, emptiness, depression... the list goes on!


Another analogy is a child. A child NEEDS boundaries and restrictions. They need to know what is expected of them. Within the guidelines of God's word and parents word, they have freedom. They don't have to worry about getting hurt, or getting in trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment